Saturday, October 9, 2010

#3: Keeping up with the demand.

I wasn't aware that my blog would be such a hit. With an inbox flooded with "when's the next blog," I'm starting to wonder if I'm an exciting enough person to keep up with the demand. Don't worry though, I thought about it for about, oh..err...a couple seconds and decided, yes, yes I am exciting--and important!

It's been over a week since my last blog. Why the delay, you and every other person I run into ask? (*geeez) Well, because I'm busy being Global Mentor Network Coordinator, graduate student, super mom, wifey, and well fitness champ (I swear my arm muscles are so hard now.)

While I'm on the subject, let me just tell you a little about my workouts. My poor dad tries so hard to get me on a routine, and I am kind of, but while I'm not super girly-girl in life (*giggle), I am at the gym. I only target the areas that I feel are important. Who cares about back, shoulders, and whatever else I don't want looking any bigger than they already do. I work on my biceps, triceps, legs, stomach and especially my butt--all the time. Butt everytime--obsessively.

I love working out. I feel so good afterwards. It's amazing. Now if I could just stop eating those free ice cream cones from McDonalds, and get my behind back on the diet, I'd be doing well!

So, I'll stop talking about exercise now because let's face it, I'm sure you aren't all that concerned with these solid-as-a-small-to-medium-for-a-girl-sized guns hanging from my shoulders.

Let's talk about something much more important...drum roll please....

This morning I woke up ready to hit the stores. I got ready. Got the kids ready and headed over to pick up Mom. I called her a few minutes before getting there to let her know A.) We were going shopping, and B.) That she better be ready to leave the house in...oh...about 4 minutes. Needless to say, her response was something to the effect of, "Didn't I warn you not to call before 9?" "Nose blowing." "Hack/Cough." "Okay!"

Such the drama queen my mom is. God love her!

After getting her and my sweet cousin Zoie (who hates shopping, mind you) in the car I ventured out hoping to find some Lauren Conrad boots. 

Well, before we could even get on the freakin' inner-state I had stopped at three yard sales, one of which I was digging through kids clothes for over an hour. I was in heaven. Literally, heaven. I got a mega load from the lady for $6. Success.

...Searching for a point to this story......fail....crash....burn.

Such a tremendous day--although guys, I'm STILL bootless. Help me friends! The boots below, $236. Not happening for me in this lifetime. I need the > $50 version. Where are all my shoppers and shoe lovers?? Harmony??

 Moving on once again...Tomorrow Jay leaves for Atlantic City, and I have several things up my sleeve. (Let's hope Jay's not reading my blogs...if so, chances are I lost him when I started talking about Yard Sales and Heaven.)

Tomorrow I am going into psycho rearrange/clean mode. I'm transforming this house into Sparkle Land and I'm going to take tons of stuff to donate to Goodwill. Jay will return to half a closet and a ton of change. (*And boy does Jay love change--NO!)

How does someone like me, Change-a-holic, get hooked up with a hater. Lord only knows. =) All I do know is, it's on. Me against this house. I'm taking this sucker down, and the stink bugs strutting their stuff around my window sills, they're going down too.

In one corner: Amanda Wilson, the vaccum cleaner, and a swiffer mop; In the other: The Stink Bug Convention, the entire house, and [something clever I can't think of at the moment].

With that said, I need to go to bed. My brain is so tired that I am all out of clever one-liners. Fail. (again)

Have a wonderful evening and remember tomorrow is the Lord's day. =)

Peace.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,

    I was looking through your blog, and it looks good, and it also inspires me. I sometimes reach out to bloggers and invite them to become my blog friends. So I send out comments to blogs which appeal to my blog senses per se...LOL

    I hope you will visit, and if you follow me, I will follow you... :)

    Hope to hear from you soon....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehehe, yes I am still as big a shoe whore as ever. . . DSW baby!!!! or Off Broadway, I'm sure you can find a pair VERY similar for under or right at $100 ;)

    ReplyDelete