Monday, October 4, 2010

Gather round for a tale of woe.

I'm certain I am clairvoyant. Sometimes I get the eeriest feeling--if it's dark and I'm alone downstairs I'll do the 'Jack Shepherd-eyes-closed-10-second-count-down' and then run as fast as I can to the bedroom and spastically jump in bed. My heart beating insanely. It's pure terror--and literally, frightening for me.

Although I don't believe in ghosts, this morning driving to work through Millwood, VA (*est. 5:15am) I saw a hooded man standing in the road. He had on a white robe. Seriously. He just stood there.  In the dark. In the middle of the road.

My first thought from a distance, "Umm...what is that guy doing and what if he tries to stop me?"

Keep in mind it was raining, dark, and fog-gy; so I steadily crept up on the poor old fellow and he still just stood there. As I got closer, I kind of started to panic because he wasn't even trying to move out of the road!

"Was it a man?"

"Was he alright?"

"Was it a ghost?"

"Had Jesus finally come back?"

I wasn't sure; however as I got closer, I realized it wasn't a man at all. It was the speed limit sign's reflection onto the glistening wet road.

I felt like an ID-I-OT, but was unable to truly soak in the actual shame of acting so stupid. I was again ridden with terror. Heart racing; and the hair on my arms and neck standing straight up! 

As I drove passed the cemetary (seriously) right beside where the old man/speed limit sign was standing,  I focused on the feeling I felt and became emersed in the fear. It was so intense; like a shock of electricity.

I considered stopping the SUV to calm myself down, but I was still so scared.

Anyway, I made it to work safely and relatively unruffled. No one could tell I had been through a traumatic experience, I played it very cool.

<3 A strange blog, I'm aware.

Need sleep.

2 comments: